Thursday, April 28, 2016

Father's Day Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     I wanted to get an early start on Father's Day, so I made this card for my dad featuring stamps from Red Rubber Designs! Since my dad's always attracting animals, and especially birds, I thought the See Beauty stamp would be perfect for him.



     I stamped and layered the duck image twice with white and kraft cardstock, colored it with Distress Inks, and used some brown sprays on the kraft background. To the background of the image, I added some stamped trees with the Tree Silhouettes stamp, and colored the trunks and branches with a marker. Then I attached a small silver brad to the compass on the left.

     For the sentiment, I used the Contemporary Greetings stamp onto a piece of kraft cardstock that I added some LSG Magicals (Sandra Dee Sepia and Greased Lightnin' Green) to, giving it some great texture. I also used the Sepia Magical with some brown sprays added to some clear gesso to a strip of drywall tape along the bottom.



            Thanks for looking, and be sure to shop Red Rubber Designs for some amazing stamps at great prices!

**********************************

Challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Show us your metal (I used a small silver brad)


1 comment:

  1. SO many gorgeous elements here! I love the layers and how you curled up the edges of each one. I also really like the backgrounds you created with all of that juicy color! This is the perfect example of a masculine card that is still aesthetically pleasing! Excellent job and I'm so glad you shared this project with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete